Regatta London – A Unique Fundraising Opportunity
Paddle or row down the Thames in the first ever mass-participation sports event on this iconic London river.
Join us on 29 September 2019 to paddle through the heart of London with Team Mates in Mind.
Open to anyone, this promises to be an unforgettable day on the river, as well as an opportunity to raise funds to enable us to continue our work to break the silence and stigma around mental health and wellbeing and change the behaviours around the topic across industries.
About the event
Join Team Mates in Mind for this brand new, one-of-a-kind event. Taking over the Thames for one day only, you’ll enjoy:
- Being centre-stage in the world’s greatest city
- A closed river – the Thames Barrier closes on this day, which means no other racing boats or vessels, no tide and no interruptions
- Open to anyone, not just experienced paddlers – race it, or take part as a personal challenge (must be 16 or over on day of race)
- Stand up paddle board (SUP), kayak/canoe 12 miles, or row 14 miles through the heart of London taking in iconic landmarks along the way, including the Houses of Parliament, The London Eye, St Paul’s Cathedral, The Shard and Tower Bridge
- Bringing your own SUP, kayak, canoe or rowing boat
- Training tips and information about places local you to where you can train
- Raising vital funds to help break the silence and stigma around mental health
- Fundraising support from Mates in Mind.
Catering for everyone, not just experienced paddlers:
- For those less experienced on SUP's, there is the ‘Big Ben’ route; looping from Putney to Big Ben and back
- For Kayakers and experienced SUP's, the London Crossing takes you from Putney to Greenwich
- Rowers take the 14 mile route from Hammersmith to Greenwich.
Why Join Team Mates in Mind?
Mates in Mind aims to provide clear information to employers on available support and guidance on mental health, mental illness and mental wellbeing, and how they can address this within their organisations. The money you raise will enable us to continue breaking the taboo, addressing the stigma and changing the culture around mental health.
Register now or get in touch
Download and complete the application form now to register your place.
To find out more about the event contact us directly at email@example.com or call 020 3510 5018.