The construction industry is committed to a healthier future: successful business delivery that manages health, including mental health, just like safety.
Health and work are closely connected. In the right job we flourish because good physical and mental health boost our motivation, helping us to stay in work and thrive at home. What’s more, business benefits from the increased productivity.
This win for construction companies and staff is achievable. It just requires:
Your company to:
- Treat health like safety – establish your framework for health
- Promote positive mental well-being
- Tackle stress
- Look after yourself
- Be responsive when you are consulted
- Better breakfasts - in the construction of London’s 2012 Olympic stadium and village, workers being offered porridge for £1 boosted their health and reduced accident rates
- Bottom line - FTSE100 companies who prioritise employee health do 10% better