Let's talk about mental health
It’s time to talk. You have the power to change someone’s life!
- Check someone’s ok over a cuppa
- Call or text someone to ask how they’re feeling
- Go for a lunchtime walk with a workmate
- Use words or phrases that don’t offend
- If it feels right, consider sharing your experience
Say if you need help. Talk to someone you trust, at work or outside, about what upsets you or makes you feel stressed. You may be able to talk to your line manager, HR or Health & Safety. Remember you are not alone and your company or project may have:
- A Mates in Mind Champion
- A free 24/7 counselling helpline (usually provided by an Employee Assistance Service)
- A welfare officer
- An Occupational Health service
Supporting your work mates
Mind provide useful guidance on How to support staff who are experiencing a mental health problem.
Mental health crisis. A mental health crisis is when you feel your mental health is at breaking point.
If you live with a mental health problem, you can plan for a crisis. If your crisis is triggered by trauma at work, your site management or company should make arrangements for crisis support and trauma assessment.
Click here to find out more about your mental health.