Mates in Mind charity is seeking an experienced Mental Health and Wellbeing Specialist to join their committed, driven and enthusiastic charity as Head of Mental Health Programme.
The Head of Programme will lead on the development, implementation, ongoing review and assessment of the services and initiatives available to supporter organisations. The successful candidate will also take the lead on the development of bespoke workplace mental health programmes.
Mates in Mind charity works with supporter organisations of all sizes, to create a positive culture around mental health and to take preventative steps within their workplaces to destigmatise and remove barriers for people seeking support. The Charity’s work has recently been recognised by winning the ‘Inspire Wellbeing Award for Excellence in Challenging Stigma in the Workplace’.
The ideal Head of Mental Health Programme will have experience in designing, developing, and delivering first-class mental health wellbeing products and services. This is a critical role within the Mates in Mind team driving the Charity’s aspiration to place positive mental health and wellbeing at the heart of organisations. Please click apply to read the full job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A real passion and commitment to safeguarding employees’ mental health in the workplace.
- Experience in leading mental health and wellbeing at both strategic and operational levels.
- Demonstrable knowledge, ability and experience in the assessment, development, and management of workplace mental health and wellbeing programmes for employers.
- Proven experience operating in a senior managerial capacity with sound knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice within the mental health and wellbeing sector.
- Excellent knowledge of the range and type of mental health and wellbeing products as well as the interventions available.
- A track record of managing successful partnerships and networks across a wide range of organisations and stakeholders.
- Experience in motivating a small team to make a significant impact.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of both income generation and budget management to ensure programmes are affordable and cost effective.
- Support the Head of Fundraising and Growth Development to expand the consulting arm of the charity.
- The ability to stay one step ahead of industry trends and focus on becoming an expert and industry leader within mental health.
- 25 days annual leave per annum.
- Health cash plan benefit from day one
- Private medical and dental cover on completion of probationary period
- Interest-free loan to purchase a season ticket, cycling and fitness equipment.
- Cycle-to-work/leisure scheme.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
Job Location: Hammersmith with significant remote-working.
What you need to do next?
If you are interested in this role, please click 'Apply Now' to read a more detailed job description and explanation of the benefits package. You will then be able to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV along with a Covering Letter explaining why you think you are the right candidate for this role.
Guaranteed interview scheme
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. As part of this commitment, we operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role they have applied for.
Click here to download the Job Specification.