If what we do interests you, and you are keen to help campaign in order to increase the awareness of mental health, then there is now a rare opportunity to join the Mates in Mind Board as a Trustee.
As a Trustee of Mates in Mind, you will take part in our vigorous work to eradicate the stigma around mental health and protect vulnerable people in the workplace as well as support employers to realise that, having a positive approach to the mental health and wellbeing of their workers, helps to increase employee engagement and productivity.
Primary purpose of the role
To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees by providing firm strategic direction to achieve Mates in Mind’s vision, that ‘Every organisation provides a positive mental health workplace ‘.
As part of the Trustee Board, members are responsible for holding Mates in Mind ‘in trust’ for current and future beneficiaries by:
- Setting and maintaining Mates in Mind’s vision, mission, values and strategic direction
- Being responsible for the performance of Mates in Mind and for its corporate conduct
- Ensuring that Mates in Mind complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Acting as guardians of Mates in Mind’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application
- Identifying risks to Mates in Mind, its reputation, operations and activities, and ensuring that there are suitable risk controls and mitigations in place
- Ensuring that Mates in Mind’s governance is of the highest possible standard
Please click here for the full Job Description.
Minimum time commitment
Trustees are expected to attend an induction session at Mates in Mind prior to their first Board meeting and attend all Board meetings. Board meetings are usually held six times a year during normal office hours at Mates in Mind’s office in Hammersmith, elsewhere in London or remotely via MS Teams.
Relevant paperwork will be distributed one week in advance of all meetings for your prior perusal, and all Trustees are expected to acquaint themselves with the contents.
Becoming a Trustee of Mates in Mind is not accompanied by financial remuneration. However, out-of-pocket expenses incurred in travelling to meetings or events can be claimed.
At this exciting time, we are looking for Two new Trustees with experience from backgrounds that may include legal, fundraising, commercial and general business. Experience of operating as a trustee within mental health-related charities would be considered advantageous.
Diversity and inclusion
It takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to support and progress Mates in Mind’s future direction. Therefore, we would welcome applications from candidates who are from diverse backgrounds.
If you wish to discuss the role further or have any queries, or would like to receive the Recruitment Pack by e-mail or by post, please contact Menaka Gamage, HR Manager, on 07724338400.
To find out more about how to apply, click here.